Hot Tapping is the process of introducing access to the ID of pipe, flanges or valves by drilling a hole into the component while internal pressure is present. BTI personnel have performed hundreds of hot taps in the last several years – on both surface and subsea settings – for wellbore and other pressure intervention operations. Engineering adaptations for subsea applications have made it equally effective as a “diver friendly” and safe underwater intervention technique.
BTI Services offers both medium pressure (0-6000psi) and high pressure (6000-15,000 psi) services.
Features & Benefits
- Surface and subsea capabilities
- Hydraulic actuated valves
- Manual tapping machine
- Removable bolt-on fittings for most API tubing & casing sizes
- Multi-string capabilities without relocating hot tap unit
- H2S compliant - 3M-15M psi
- Hole entry size up to 3/4 inch